Additional Terms of Service for donations to US-based charities
By making a donation to a US-based charity, you acknowledge, understand and agree to the following terms of service:
- Contribution is being made to GivenGain Foundation USA (the "Foundation") (Federal Tax ID: 86-3651579). The GivenGain Foundation USA has been granted recognition as a tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code ("Code") Section 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service. The Foundation was formed to receive charitable contributions and to disburse those contributions to charities in the form of grants to further charitable purposes as defined under Code Section 501(c)(3). Grants will only be made to an Eligible Charity (as defined below).
- An Eligible Charity is an organization that is tax-exempt under Code Section 501(c)(3) and are not private foundations under Code Section 509(a). Foreign organizations may be considered an Eligible Charity if, in the sole discretion and determination of the Foundation, the organization is the equivalent of a charitable organization under US law. Individuals, all supporting organizations under Code Section 509(a)(3) and private foundations are not Eligible Charities.
- No grant made by the Foundation shall (a) result in the donor or any other individual receiving more than an incidental benefit or privilege in return for making the grant; (b) be used to discharge or satisfy a legally enforceable pledge or obligation of any person, including the donor; or (c) be used to carry on propaganda, or attempt to influence legislation or the outcome of any public election, to carry on, whether directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive, or to undertake any activities for a purpose other than described in the distribution request. Violation of these requirements may result in penalties being assessed against the donor by the Internal Revenue Service.
- The Foundation makes every effort to ensure that all charities on the platform are eligible to receive donations. However, if the organization identified by the donor is not an Eligible Charity, the Foundation shall notify the donor to provide the opportunity to identify another Eligible Charity to receive the contribution. If the donor does not identify an Eligible Charity to receive the funds within thirty (30) days of the Foundation providing notice to the donor, the Foundation has the right to redirect the contribution to another Eligible Charity which, in the sole discretion of the Foundation, operates for substantially similar purposes as the Eligible Charity initially identified by the donor.
- The gift receipt provided by the Foundation is the official receipt to be used by the donor for tax purposes. Any receipt provided by an Eligible Charity is provided for informational purposes only and cannot be used to substantiate a charitable contribution for tax purposes.
- Donor's information will be shared with the Eligible Charity that benefits from the donor's contributions.
- The Foundation will retain a portion of your contribution to support and further the Foundation's own charitable activities ("Foundation Administrative Fee"). The amount of the Foundation Administrative Fee is provided to the donor when a contribution is remitted to the Foundation and will be deducted from any grant provided to an Eligible Charity unless the donor chooses to increase their contribution to cover the Foundation Administrative Fee.
- The Foundation will also retain a portion of your contribution when providing a grant to an Eligible Charity (“Transfer Fee”). At regular intervals, unless the designated Eligible Charity requests a different disbursement schedule, contributions are aggregated, and grants are transferred in batches to the Eligible Charities. To cover these batch fees charged by the bank and incurred by the Foundation, the Foundation will charge a Transfer Fee.
- Financial and other information about GivenGain Foundation USA's purpose, programs and activities can be obtained by contacting the organization at c/o Nixon Peabody LLP, 53 State Street, Boston, MA 02109, United States, email@example.com, (210) 756-9166.