The Joburg2Kili Team are departing Joburg on July 30th 2016 to ride 4,630km to Kilimanjaro. We're doing this on the single speed Qhubeka Buffalo bikes which the Qhubeka charity hand out to kids to ride to school on.
Qhubeka is World Bicycle Relief’s program in South Africa. World Bicycle Relief is a global non-profit organization dedicated to advancing education, health and economic opportunities by providing simple, sustainable transportation.
Our team consists of Warrick & Camilla Kernes (#TeamKernes), Gareth Pickering and Derrick Fourie on bikes with Bryan Fawcett and Bobby Fuller on support. Please visit http://joburg2kili.com/ to read more about our expedition.
We will raise funds for Qhubeka as part of our journey so any donations are welcome. Please feel free to support our worthy cause. Every Rand or Dollar counts. But for every ZAR2850 that we raise = 1 more bike for a child in Africa to get to school. Please note that all donations received go directly to our chosen charity Qhubeka.
Here are some fast facts about how your donation will make a difference:
- More than 54 000 bikes have been distributed by Qhubeka since 2005
- A child’s commute time to school is reduced by up to 75% with a bicycle
- A bicycle increases a person’s carrying capacity by five times
- Healthcare workers can visit more than double the amount of patients per day with a bicycle
- Marks improve by an average of 25% for children who ride a bicycle to school
- Schools where children ride bicycles see attendance rates rise by 18% on average
Please support us & please support this incredible cause by making a donation today. Thank you!
To follow our updates please connect with us on facebook and bookmark our website