The scope of our focus includes:
- Re-homing horses and donkeys to suitable homes on a special adoption policy
- Owner education and equine medical clinics in underprivileged areas
- Investigating and resolving cruelty/neglect complaints
- Hospitalizing horses and donkeys where owners cannot afford treatment
Average stats over a year:
- We assist about 9000 horses and donkeys.
- Stable on average 1600 needy animals per year.
- Carry out clinics in 7 provinces, as well as Lesotho.
- We educate the owner of every horse or donkey we assisted.
- We teach horse owners how to shoe their horses correctly.
- We hold workshops for hundreds of owners, teaching them how to better care for their working animals.
- Dewormed over 7,000 rural equines per year, vaccinated over 800 equines.
- We hold gelding and dental clinics in underprivileged areas.
- On average we care for 65 horses at our base on any given day.