A culture of philanthropy has long been part of the ethos and history of the Rhodes Scholarships. Since the original bequest, which resulted in the award of the first Rhodes Scholarships 120 years ago, the Rhodes Trust has sought to raise annual contributions towards fulfilling its mission.
Your donation to the Scholars Fund will ensure that our Rhodes Scholars have the best possible Oxford experience and that all their needs are met. Your gift, no matter the amount, will contribute towards:
- meeting the direct costs faced by Scholars-Elect, such as Student visa and health insurance costs;
- supporting 4th year fees for DPhil Scholars;
- assisting Scholars facing financial hardship or emergencies;
- providing small grants for Scholars’ extra-curricular projects or research, including related travel;
- funding the Character, Service and Leadership Programme;
- contributing towards the Warden’s discretionary fund.
Section 18A tax certificates can be issued to donors resident in South Africa.