To commemorate the 89th birthday anniversary of veteran struggle stalwart, Ahmed Kathrada, and 10 years of the the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation, we will be growing our youth work by creating youth clubs across the countries. These youth clubs will develop youth activists by promoting and preserving the values and principles of Ahmed Kathrada.
But to do this, we need your support to fund and resource the creation and maintenance of these youth clubs. Your contributions will help with:
- The formation of 10 community youth clubs within the next year and 100 clubs by 2029 which will mark 100 years of anti-apartheid veteran Ahmed Kathrada.
- Ensuring that resources such as educational material to facilitators are covered.
- Developing an appreciation for South Africa's liberation struggle history through practical tasks and programmes.
- Encouraging participants to emulate the leadership lessons of Kathrada and Mandela while developing solutions to their own struggles today.
- Leadership training, activism and participating in anti-racism and Social Cohesion campaigns.
Help us train more young people who will take forward the legacy and values of the Ahmed Kathrada and leaders of his generation.
For more information visit: Kathradafoundation.org
- To launch the campaign, we are engaging in a live pledge line on Saturday the 25th of august. This will be a 4 hour show on ITV Networks (DStv 347) and Radio Al Ansaar from 8pm till midnight. Tune in to find our more about the foundation and pledge your support for our youth work.