Today is #GivingTuesdaySA, a global day dedicated to collaboration and giving back.
This year, we were confronted with bleak news about our environment, climate change and the loss of species. But there is #HopeForConservation and people like you are key to making a difference.
Here at the Endangered Wildlife Trust, we are profoundly grateful for our supporters. Without your support, we would not be able to do the work we do.
This #GivingTuesdaySA, please consider making a small donation to our R20,000 fundraising goal. Your support makes an impact for some of South Africa’s iconic wildlife, from the tiny Pickersgill’s Reed Frog, to the majestic rhino, to the noble Wild Dog, and many, many more.
Through your support in time, skills and financial resources, we have been able to:
- Tag 313 birds and track their movements through our Birds of Prey Programme.
- Reintroduce 14 Wild Dogs to Gorongosa National Park and relocate 38 cheetahs in South Africa through our Carnivore Conservation Programme.
- Train Jessie the scent detection dog to detect the Critically Endangered Riverine Rabbit through our Drylands Conservation Programme.
- Remove 5,542 invasive plants from the EWT’s Medike Nature Reserve in the Soutpansberg Protected Area.
- Educate 10,200 students since 2013 on environmental education through our Urban Conservation Programme.
Without your support, we would not be able to achieve what we achieve. Let’s continue protecting forever, together.