HOW BIG IS YOUR HEART?
It has never been more important for humanity to join hands to protect our vulnerable.
The Covid-19 Pandemic and ensuing Lockdown will have far reaching consequences on their welfare. The SPCA is facing numerous challenges including a massive loss of income of in the region of R300 000.00 from the mass public participation sporting events that we usually capitalise on.
In addition to our diminished fundraising capacity from these public events, we are also experiencing high volumes of surrendered and abandoned animals and we worry about what the future will hold for us, as many individuals feel the impact of loss of incomes / jobs following the lockdown.
Internationally, the trends so far have been a 43% decrease in charitable income and a 48% increase in demand for services. We don’t expect the result to be any different for us and we are bracing ourselves for the aftermath.
The How Big is your Heart ½ Marathon is the first heart-shaped virtual marathon in the world that gives you the opportunity to show your love – and you can do it from the comfort of your own home, wherever you are in the world. We need you to run with your hearts to show how big your heart for animals is and to highlight the fact that you carry a place in your heart for all animals that are and will suffer as a result of the Pandemic.
HOW IT WORKS
- Commit to running a half marathon (21km) from Good Friday April 10th – April 15th i.e. 3.5km over 6 days.
- Participants must complete at least 3.5km per day in the shape of a heart to be eligible for daily vouchers kindly donated by Crazy Store.
- To share results on TimeMe https://docs.google.com/forms/... register to upload your running results and photos of your heart shape map daily starting the 10th April 2020 by latest 5pm.
- Participant eligible for the main prize must complete the full 21km by 15 April 4pm and should have the best heart shaped run on your GPS – enabled device or app to track your run.
- Check the results page you may visit TimeMe website www.timeme.co.za there will also be a link to your events results https://runsignup.com/Race/Res...
- The last day (16 April) of the How Big Is Your Heart Virtual Marathon, all results to be uploaded by latest by 4pm to qualify to win the Checkers voucher.
- Participants may enter here and donate R100.
- For those who would like to fundraise may create a fundraising page and ask family, friends, colleagues and just about anyone to support your challenge and make a difference in the lives of animals.
- All donations made in support of your challenge, the donor is eligible to receive a tax certificate!
- Exciting News! Salomon has offered a R2000 voucher to our top fundraiser.
- Digital tools to ask for donations will be emailed to you, as well as social media frames, where you can upload a photo of you or you and your pets, that you may use throughout the campaign.
- Share your running results to social media with a photo of your STRAVA/GARMIN/FITBIT using the #spcavirtualrun
- You may choose to walk which is fine, but please no bikes, scooters, roller blades or any other wheeled form of transport.
Have fun! Get a friend to join you virtually and enjoy your run.
If you are not able to run but would like to support How Big Is Your Heart Virtual Marathon you may make a donation on this page.
Times may be uncertain, but there is one thing we remain sure of – Animal Cruelty Must Stop! No Animal Should Suffer! – not during Lockdown, not during the Covid-19 Pandemic, not ever.
Let’s connect our hearts virtually and make this statement together! Together we can do this!
For more information contact Natasha email@example.com or WhatsApp 074 5806022