This October, combine your passion for making a positive impact on our environment with a good energising run and raise funds for Greenpop’s reforestation projects.
Join us to receive a free entry for the Sanlam Cape Town 42.5km Marathon and let’s #RUNFORTREES
42.5km Marathon, 17th October = 10 Trees (R1,200)
When you reach your goal, you will receive:
- Your race entry promo code
- A special Greenpop Tree Certificate
Already have a race entry? Don’t worry! You can still raise trees and run for Greenpop, and be eligible for our amazing prizes. Your contribution is always welcomed: we need all the trees we can get!
And if you’re still not convinced, we have some extra prices in store for you!
- Raise 30 trees and receive a Greenpop t-shirt
- Raise the most trees of all the #RunForTrees activists and receive a hamper of Greenpop merchandise
What are you waiting for? Here is a brief overview to start your own fundraising:
1. Click on the “Start fundraising” button above to set up your campaign and start raising Trees to support one of our reforestation projects.
2. Set your end date N.B. All funds need to be raised by the 19th October 2021!
3. Set your goal. Tip: set your goal higher and have more chances to win our tree-mendous prize! Please note you must reach the minimum goal for your race entry by 15th September in order to redeem the promo code allocated to your entry, before they close on 17th September. There are no late additions to the team or changes hereafter.
4. Funds raised after this date are encouraged but will not be exchanged for an entry ticket, just more trees in the ground.
5. Add a profile about yourself and why you'd like to run for trees
6. Add a fun picture
7. Email all your friends to ask for support
8. Start fundraising
We'll be encouraging you along the way. Good luck!
Learn more about Us and our Treevolution!
Greenpop is on a mission to (re)connect people with our planet. We plant trees and have fun doing it! We run urban greening and reforestation projects, spread environmental awareness, and empower environmental stewards across all Sub-Saharan Africa.
Greenpop was founded in 2010 and has since planted over 111,000 indigenous and fruit trees at schools and other urban sites, community farms as well as forests across South Africa, Zambia and Tanzania. Our small-scale reforestation projects generally take place in conservation and/or protected areas which require indigenous forest restoration, and trees are planted in a way that mimics their natural growth, therefore increasing biodiversity.
Greenpop Foundation NPC is a registered non-profit organisation and can issue a donation receipt for your tax deduction at the end of the tax year.
Registration Number (NPO): 151-411 NPO
Public Benefit Organisation Number: 930050622