Combine your passion for making a positive impact on our environment with a historic, world-renowned cycle race and raise funds for Greenpop’s restoration projects.
Join us to receive a free entry for the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023 race and do great things!
The first 10 fundraisers to raise or commit to 40 trees will gain entry to the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023.
1 Tree = R120 / $8
40 Trees = R4800 / $320
Start your own fundraising project here.
Good luck and have fun!
How does it work?
The first 10 people to raise or commit to 40 trees (R4800) will receive:
- Race entry to the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023, 12 March 2023
- A special Greenpop Tree Certificate with the forest coordinates of where your trees will be planted
- A Greenpop t-shirt
And if you’re still not convinced, we have some extra prizes in store for you!
- Raise 50 Trees and receive a hamper of Greenpop merchandise
- Raise 60 trees and join the Greenpop team for a day out at their nursery in Cape Town and one of their project sites, to learn about Greenpop’s work and what your fundraising is benefiting
- The fundraiser that raises the most trees of all will win a FREE ticket to Reforest Fest 2023 our annual tree-planting festival in the Overberg.
You have until 28 February 2023 to gain entry. Tickets are given to those who raise 40 trees first. We'll keep you updated weekly on the leadership board. You can keep fundraising after this date, but all entries will be allocated on this date.Already have a race entry? Don’t worry! You can still raise trees and race for Greenpop, and be eligible for some amazing prizes. Your contribution is always welcomed: we need all the trees we can get!
What do you mean by "commit to raising 40 trees"?
If you are worried you won't be the fastest fundraiser and miss your spot, you can use the fundraising minimums option here. This means you will enter your card details, and by the 28 February 2023, if you haven't raised 40 trees, your card will be charged the difference.
e.g if I have raised only R4,400 by 28 February, but I have selected the fundraising minimums option and entered my details, then my card will charged the remaining R400.
This is of course entirely optional, but guarantees you entry to the race from the moment you sign up for this option.
What are you waiting for?
Get started by following the steps below:
1. Click on the “Start fundraising” button above to set up your campaign and start raising Trees to support our forest restoration projects.
2. When asked "Can you commit to raising a minimum amount of money for Greenpop Foundation as part of Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023 | Greenpop #RaceForTrees?" Click Yes if you would like to use the fundraising minimums to guarantee your spot (entering your card details), or click No if you prefer not to and set up your campaign.
3. Set your end date 15 March 2023, this gives you a few days after the event to shout about your achievement and get any last donations.
4. The first 10 fundraisers to raise or commit to 40 trees (R4,800) will receive an entry to the race.
5. The final team will be picked on 28 February 2023. There are no late additions to the team or changes hereafter.
6. Funds raised after this date are encouraged but will not be exchanged for an entry ticket, just more trees in the ground.
7. Set your goal. Tip: set your goal higher and have more chances to win our tree-mendous prize!
8. Add a profile about yourself and why you'd like to race for trees
9. Add a fun picture
10. Email all your friends to ask for support
11. Start fundraising
We'll be encouraging you along the way. Good luck!
Got an entry already?
No worries! You can still raise trees and run for Greenpop and are still eligible for our amazing prizes! We need all the trees we can get.
Contact email@example.com or on WhatsApp +27 63 758 8480 if you have questions.
The Greenpop Foundation NPC is an award-winning registered non-profit organisation (NPO#: 151-411 NPO; PBO#: 930050622) headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa.
We work to restore ecosystems and empower environmental stewards through forest restoration, urban greening, food gardening, and environmental awareness projects across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Greenpop was founded in 2010 and has since planted over 150,000 trees and inspired over 150,000 active citizens across South Africa, Zambia, Malawi, and Tanzania.