Heart to Heart Care Centre has been serving our communities here in Mossel Bay, South Africa for the past 22 years. We are passionate and dedicated in helping the Orphaned and Vulnerable children in our communities with Clothes, Nutritious Food, Toiletries, School Uniforms and Stationery, English Literacy and much more.
Our staff consists of 6 amazing women and wonderful volunteers who help assist with Counselling, English Literacy, Food distributions and IT just to name a few.
This year has been extremely challenging, but all through our COVID Lockdown which started in March, we were able to feed more than 2,200 people, of which almost 1,200 were children.
With our Giving Tuesday Campaign, we are raising funds for:
- Nutrition for vulnerable families. We help Child headed households, Grannies who are raising their grandchildren orphaned due to HIV/AIDS, single moms and other vulnerable families. We customize our nutritional food parcels according to how many people live in the house, as two or three families often share a home. Due to COVID many people lost their jobs and they are desperately in need of food. With your donation of R850.00, we can feed a family of 4 for 1 month. Together we can save lives!
- School Uniforms. In South Africa you have to wear a school uniform to attend school, and unfortunately children drop out of school because they can’t afford them. You can help us break the cycle of poverty by donating R1,250.00 towards a school uniform and help a child achieve their dreams and become successful in life.
- Sanitary Products & Toiletries. 30% of Girls miss an average of 5 days a month of school, simply because they cannot afford Sanitary Products. That’s just not right! Your donation of R190.0 per month can help us restore their dignity and keep a girl in school!
- Baby Toiletries & Clothes. Women and girls who find themselves facing an unplanned pregnancy, especially first-time moms, often find themselves in a very scary and lonely place. Your donation of R850.00 towards basic baby toiletries and clothes, will assist a new mom with the most needed items in a Basket of Love.
- English Reading Books for our Literacy Centre. In South Africa, 70% of children between the ages of 8-10 will not be able to speak, write or read English by the time they are 13years old. Only 50% will write their final exams. Your donation of R360.00 towards English Reading books, will help 6-to-8-year-old children whose 1st language is not English, to read and write English for meaning. Readers become Leaders!
Thank You for your support and connecting your Heart with ours. We need your support.
Together We Can Restore Hope and Change the Destiny of Children, One Child at a Time!