Right now, we need more funds to help us look after animals in need, and we’re asking for your help. The money you raise will help pay for much-needed vets, meds, anaesthesia and surgical supplies.
Whether you’re a veterinary intern joining us soon or simply an animal lover, we’d really appreciate your support!
General Information about the clinic
The Belize Wildlife and Referral Clinic (BWRC) is a Belizean non-profit organization founded in 2011 with the help of a host of wildlife partners and friends. BWRC’s founder, Dr. Isabelle Paquet-Durand, had for many years provided free medical care to wildlife centers and in the field without a clinic facility and only basic medical equipment. That was before a very special and severely injured monkey named Spartacus provided the impetus to seek funding to establish BWRC. BWRC is now a modern, fully staffed veterinary clinic with x-ray and gas anesthesia; for both wildlife and domestics. As of 2018, BWRC has provided free veterinary care to over 2,000 animals. BWRC continues to grow in scope while remaining focused on its core mission.
- Provide free veterinary care to injured, orphaned, neglected or otherwise imperiled wildlife.
- Establish a state of the art veterinary clinic.
- Provide rehabilitation for species of conservation interest.small animal referral services.
- Offer small animal referral services including orthopedic surgery.
- Provide educational opportunities and training for students, professionals and interested individuals as well as outreach at schools and events.
- Support research in areas related to wildlife conservation.