Combine your passion for making a positive impact on our environment with a historic, world-renowned cycle race and raise funds for Greenpop’s restoration projects. Join us to receive a free entry for the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021 race and do great things!
The first 10 fundraisers to raise 40 trees will gain entry to the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021.
1 Tree = R120 / $8
40 Trees = R4800 / $320
Let’s race to the top!
Start your own fundraising project here. Good luck and have fun!
How does it work?
The first 10 people to raise 40 trees (R4800) will receive:
- Race entry to the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021, 10th October 2021
- A special Greenpop Tree Certificate with the forest coordinates of where your trees will be planted
- A Greenpop t-shirt to ride in
You have until Monday 27 August 2021 to raise 40 trees for a ticket. You can keep fundraising after this date, but all entries will be allocated on this date.
Already have a race entry? Don’t worry! You can still raise trees and race for Greenpop, and be eligible for some amazing prizes. Your contribution is always welcomed: we need all the trees we can get!
And if you’re still not convinced, we have some extra prizes in store for you!
- Raise 50 Trees and receive a hamper of Greenpop merchandise
- Raise 60 trees and join the Greenpop team for a day out at their nursery in Cape Town and one of their project sites, to learn about Greenpop’s work and what your fundraising is benefiting
- The fundraiser who raises the most trees of all the #RaceForTrees activists will win an additional special prize – TBC!
What are you waiting for? Get started by following the steps below:
1. Click on the “Start fundraising” button above to set up your campaign and start raising Trees to support our forest restoration projects.
2. Set your end date 12 October 2021, this gives you a couple of days after the event to shout about your achievement and get any last donations.
3. The first 10 fundraisers to raise 40 trees (R4,800) will receive an entry to the race.
4. The final team will be picked on Friday 27th August. There are no late additions to the team or changes hereafter.
5. Funds raised after this date are encouraged but will not be exchanged for an entry ticket, just more trees in the ground.
6. Set your goal. Tip: set your goal higher and have more chances to win our tree-mendous prize!
7. Add a profile about yourself and why you'd like to race for trees
8. Add a fun picture
9. Email all your friends to ask for support
10. Start fundraising
We'll be encouraging you along the way. Good luck!
The Greenpop Foundation NPC is an award-winning registered non-profit organisation (NPO#: 151-411 NPO; PBO#: 930050622) headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa.
We work to restore ecosystems and empower environmental stewards through forest restoration, urban greening, food gardening, and environmental awareness projects across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Greenpop was founded in 2010 and has since planted over 150,000 trees and inspired over 150,000 active citizens across South Africa, Zambia, Malawi, and Tanzania.