Lungisa Haai, also known as 'Mama Lungi', left her full-time job and started the Siphekela-Isizwe Feeding Scheme, which runs five community kitchens in Gugulethu, Summer Greens, Khayelitsha, Dunoon and Joe Slovo.
The Kolisi Foundation has been supporting and journeying with Lungisa since May 2020, seeing her kitchen grow from supporting 150 children and elders to more than 1000 daily. Her operation is no longer feasible without a vehicle upgrade to enable basic transportation of goods to and from the kitchens.
"It's not just about feeding; we also need to empower [children]." - Lungisa.
Beyond providing food support through her community kitchens, Lungisa also runs empowerment programmes and organises weekly sporting practices for the children of the communities she serves. Her community kitchens are safe and welcoming spaces for the children. And to us, Lungisa is a true community builder and leader.
Some background on Lungisa - https://youtu.be/3gsI4HleqlQ
We are rallying partners/donors/sponsors to join us on our mission to purchase a new bakkie for Lungisa this #MandelaDay2022. The campaign will be running from Friday, 8th of July, until the 31st of July. You can get involved in your capacity or as an organisation.
How to support this campaign as an individual?
● Donate a lump sum amount.
● Donate R67 towards this campaign via GivenGain.
● Create your sub-fundraiser for this campaign to raise funds. Maybe you can run a race, do an extreme challenge or pledge your birthday.
● Share and encourage your friends and family to donate.
How to support this campaign as an organisation?
● Encourage all your staff to donate R67 towards this project. We created a campaign page on GivenGain (click HERE), to which staff can directly contribute.
● To track donations from your staff and clients, you can create a sub-fundraiser on this page.
● The organisation can match employee/client donations.
● Share and encourage donation and pledging via the link provided amongst your customers and staff.
● Nominated other organisations to take part.
● Donate a lump sum amount from your organisation.
● Pledge R67 or R6,70 (or another amount) for each sale your make during a specific period.
● Encourage your online audience and clients to donate to this fundraising campaign (see social media support tools below).
Download our participation toolkit here - https://kolisifoundation.org/w...