We are proud to be an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program

What is ALS?

  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. It begins with muscle weakness - sometimes in the arms or legs first, while sometimes it appears first with slurred speech or difficulty with swallowing.
  • Every 90 minutes, someone is diagnosed with the disease and someone passes away from it.
  • ALS can affect anyone worldwide regardless of racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic status. In general, symptoms commonly develop between the ages of 40 and 70, with the average being 55 years of age at diagnosis.
  • Most (about 90 percent) of ALS cases occur without family history, which is known as sporadic ALS. The remaining 10 percent of ALS cases are inherited through a mutated gene, which is known as familial ALS.
  • Currently, there is no cure for ALS but there are many promising clinical trials underway which require significant funding to advance.

ALS ONE is a partnership of world-leading ALS researchers, doctors, and care practitioners focused on finding treatments for ALS and novel approaches to improve care for individuals currently living with the disease. The unprecedented linking of minds and resources from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS), ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI), and Compassionate Care ALS (CCALS), is unique for its leadership in efficiency, dedication to innovative research, and commitment to increasing access to care and treatment.

ONE TEAM: Dr. Merit Cudkowicz, MD, MSc, Chief of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH); Dr. Robert Brown Jr., MD, DPhil, Chief of Neurology, UMass Medical School & Center; Dr. Steve Perrin, Ph.D., Chief Science Officer, ALS Therapy Development Institute; Dr. Nazem Atassi, MD Associate Director of the Neurological Clinical Research Institute (NCRI) at MGH; Dr. James Berry, MD, Co-Director of the MGH Neuromuscular Division and of the MGH ALS Unit, and he is an Associate Medical Director of the MGH Neurological Clinical Research Institute (NCRI); and Ron Hoffman, Founder and Director Compassionate Care ALS (CCALS).

 Identify a breakthrough treatment and ultimate cure while improving the care now for those battling ALS.

Please take a moment to be inspired by this video:

If you would prefer to mail a check in support of one of our runners, please make out to ALS ONE and send to:
8 Industrial Way
Whitman, MA 02382
Please include the runner's name in the memo portion of the check.

Visit us | By phone: 781-523-3304 | By Email: or

ALS ONE is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization.

THANK YOU from the bottom of our green arrow on our logo, and the bottom of our hearts for supporting our team and our mission! 

YOU are truly making a difference!



  1. Avatar

    Maura Harold

    US$23,064* raised

    * Includes funds from other sources.
  2. Avatar

    Halle Grace

    US$17,835* raised

    * Includes funds from other sources.
  3. Avatar

    Kerry Walsh

    US$2,700 raised

4 Fundraiser projects


  1. Pat Gibbons

    3 Days ago

  2. William DePippo

    13 October

  3. Allen Potts

    12 October

120 Donations

Fundraiser projects

4 Fundraiser projects

I am raising funds for ALS ONE

By Kerry Walsh

I'm taking part in 125th Boston Marathon to raise money for ALS ONE, who do great work for a caus...

100% Completed
US$2,700 raised
US$1,500 Target

Je lève des fonds pour ALS ONE


Bonjour ! J'ai besoin de votre aide. Je participe à 125th Boston Marathon pour lever des fonds po...

0% Completed
€0 raised
€1,500 Target

I am raising funds for ALS ONE

By Halle Grace

Hi! I'm lacing up my sneakers and running in the 125th Boston Marathon to raise money for ALS ONE...

117.5% Completed
US$17,835* raised
US$10,000 Target


By Maura Harold

On October 11, 2021 on what would have been my parents 51st wedding anniversary, I will be runnin...

111% Completed
US$23,064* raised
US$20,000 Target
* Includes funds from other sources.