The Africa Interprofessional Education Network (AfrIPEN) is a consensus-based partnership between various institutions and individual with the vision to establish interprofessional education and collaborative practice (IPE) as integral part in training the health workforce and in the effective functioning of systems for health in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The mission of AfrIPEN is to advocate for, collaborate on, promote and share good practice of IPE in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The following priorities were agreed upon:
- Develop AfrIPEN’s organisational capacity and structure
- Conduct a survey on what Institutions have available on IPE and what is needed regarding IPE
- Compile a collection of our IPE stories from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Produce generic IPE policies and guidelines that can be adapted by various authorities to promote and endorse IPE
- Create a web-based platform to share IPE learning and teaching resources
Develop short course for IPE facilitators
- Develop a collaborative research framework and grant application(s) for AfrIPEN
- Contribute to a themed edition on IPE in Sub-Saharan Africa for the Journal of Interprofessional Care