Excited kids ✔️
A plan & vision ✔️
Community and project partners ✔️
It's all systems go for our Elands Bay Clubhouse!
Our dream is to bring life empowerment and safe spaces to youth in Elands Bay and to engage our children on a daily basis…but we need the facilities to do so.
All that stands in the way of making our dream a reality is the funding to convert two shipping containers into a beautiful clubhouse (that will include a kitchen, bathroom, and learning area) and then transporting it from Cape Town to Elands Bay! And that’s why we need your support…
Partner with us to create a much-needed safe haven for our precious Elands Bay children and help us to create their clubhouse!
We always say it takes a village to raise a child...
Become part of our global village and Support our campaign today, spread the word, fundraise on our behalf, and help us bring change to the community and children of Elands Bay.
Read more about the project and how we got involved in Elands Bay here.
How will this project impact the community?
- At-risk youth who currently have no positive recreational activities (and only experience our life empowerment and surf programmes every 6 weeks) would have a permanent clubhouse in their community which would be a safe space where they can express themselves and have a positive sense of belonging.
- Children would have access to structured afterschool support and activities like online reading, homework support, arts and crafts etc.
- Children would be able to identify with positive influences in their lives which further promotes a sense of belonging and inclusion.
- Children would participate in activities that lead to improved health, fitness, and mental well-being
- Children will be raised and educated to be a new generation of ocean guardians and eco-warriors.
- We will have adequate storage space for all our surf and literacy equipment which we currently store in the local school or cart from Cape Town every 6 weeks.
- Local community members will be employed as permanent facility coaches - thus breaking the poverty cycle and reliance on the State
Need more information?
Contact us for any fundraising questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us at @9milesproject on all social media platforms.
9Miles Project is a registered non-profit organisation and can, upon request, issue a Section 18A certificate for your tax-deductible donation at the end of the tax year.
Registration Number (NPO): 116-995
Public Benefit Organisation Number: 93004618