The ongoing humanitarian crisis in Ukraine has caused millions to flee their homes. The UN High Commissioner for Refugees has declared the situation a Level 3 emergency – the highest level we have – and UNHCR staff are working on the ground in Ukraine and neighbouring countries to deliver aid.
In light of this, the UTMB World Series has generously offered to open up additional charity registrations for runners fundraising for charities working in Ukraine. By committing to raise a minimum of 100 USD for UNHCR on GivenGain, you’ll be able to secure your place in the Puerto Vallarta by UTMB® 2022 even if it’s sold out.
To start your fundraising project and claim your charity bib:
1. Cick the ‘Start fundraising’ button click to register a fundraising project with your Facebook login details or an email address.
2. When prompted, agree to your minimum fundraising amount of 100 USD. To find out more about how minimum fundraising agreements work, read GivenGain's FAQ.
3. Complete the project steps where needed, adding a video/image, target etc. - then make it live!
4. Share your fundraising project link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations.
5. You will receive a link to register by the race organisers, where you'll be able to pay the registration fee for your race.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you have about online fundraising by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.