The ongoing humanitarian crisis in Ukraine has forced millions to flee their homes. The UN High Commissioner for Refugees has declared the situation a Level 3 emergency – the highest level we have – and UNHCR staff are working on the ground in Ukraine and neighbouring countries to deliver aid.
In light of this, the UTMB World Series has generously offered to open up a limited number of additional charity registrations for runners fundraising for charities working in Ukraine. Runners who choose to fundraise for UNHCR can secure entry into UTMB events around the world – even those that are sold out.
To start your fundraising project and claim your charity bib:
1. Find the GivenGain page for the UTMB World Series event that you would like to enter, then click the ‘Start fundraising’ button. Click here to see a list of all UTMB World Series events.
2. Select to support "UNHCR Austria" on GivenGain.
3. Complete the project steps where needed, adding a video/image, target etc. - then make it live!
4. Share your fundraising project link with friends, family and colleagues via e-mail and social media, asking them for donations.
5. You will receive a link to register from the race organisers, where you'll be able to pay the registration fee for your race.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you have about online fundraising by contacting email@example.com.