Triangle Project is the oldest LGBTI organisation in South Africa and has been providing direct services to LGBTI people in the Western Cape for over 20 years.
Our work is multi-faceted and relies on donations from people like you. Please consider making a donation today and continue to help us make a difference.
Learn more about our essential services for LGBTI people:
- Health and Support Services
- We were the first organization to provide HIV and general health services targeted at LGBTI people, supported by the South African Department of Health; we train nurses and doctors to provide better services to LGBTI people;
- We provide counseling and support services for survivors of violence, LGBTI people living with HIV, for LGBTI parents and parents of LGBTI children, and for transgender and gender non-conforming people; supported by the Department of Social Development;
- Our helpline 021 712 6699, operating 7 days a week, offers immediate emergency access to LGBTI-friendly counseling.
- Community Engagement and Empowerment
- We organize safe spaces for LGBTI people all over the province of the Western Cape – especially in townships and in rural towns where LGBTI people are at increased risk for violence, and have little opportunities to meet other LGBTI people.
- To date, over 15 Safe Spaces exist, many of whom are important hubs of activity and community for LGBTI people
See here for a clip of the work we do in rural areas around the Western Cape
- Research and Advocacy
- We monitor LGBTI-related court cases, and offer support to victims and their families. Cases of sexual assault and murder of lesbian women have increased dramatically. For example, our expert evidence and on-going activism was instrumental in the first conviction of a sexual orientation-related murder.
- We work with the South African Department of Justice to establish hate crime legislation, and relentlessly support LGBTI communities in on-going court cases to Sharon’s piece about David’s case>.
- We publish research and policy briefs to improve health services to LGBTI people .
TRIANGLE’S SURVIVAL DEPENDS ON YOU.
DONATE TODAY to help us #SaveTriangle. Every little amount helps.
SPREAD THE WORD among your friends and communities – let us #SaveTriangle!
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Donate today and help us #SaveTriangle
- Spread the word among your friends and loved ones - #SaveTriangle
- Take a selfie and tell us why we need to #SaveTriangle
- Organise a fundraiser – get in touch with email@example.com to discuss more