AFRICA IS FACING A MASSIVE WILDLIFE CRISIS WITH POACHING ESCALATING OUT OF CONTROL; OUR AIM IS TO GET ONE MILLION PEOPLE WORLDWIDE TO SHOW THEY CARE BY DONATING A MINIMUM OF R10 ($1) TO CONSERVATION AND THEREBY BECOMING 'ONE IN A MILLION'
This Blue Sky Society Trust "One in a Million" campaign a fundraising initiative to help wildlife conservation in Africa. Through various online marketing campaigns we will be collecting generous donations from one million people worldwide as a further call to action against wildlife poaching. We need your HELP and involvement in order for this worthwhile campaign to be a success; it requires the global support of schools, corporates and individuals worldwide.
It all starts with ONE individual......ONE school.......ONE corporate
WHERE WILL THE MONEY GO?
Money raised will go towards various Rhino, Elephant & other Conservation Projects –
Financial allocations in these organizations:
- Surveillance teams
- Micro-chipping and collars
- Camera Traps
- Bullet proof vests
- Anti-poaching teams & K9 Units
- Equipment and Manpower
- Mitigation projects to help prevent Human Elephant(Wildlife) Conflict
The list is ENDLESS for this on going struggle to save our mighty and majestic animals
Below are some of the nominated beneficiaries for our 'One in a Million' campaign. These organisations also passionately endorse The Blue Sky Society Trust, and support the 'One In A Million' initiative. We recognise that it's not only the big projects that need the support of campaigns such as these. Smaller projects will also benefit from this project.
- Elephants Alive (South Africa). Elephants Alive’s research commenced in 2003 as Save the Elephants – South Africa, and draws on data collected over almost two decades. The research contributes towards the long-term survival of the African elephant, thereby maintaining the vital diversity of our world. If elephants are to survive, we need scientific knowledge and an intimate understanding of their movements and needs. Elephants Alive deliver research solutions which acknowledge elephants as an integral part of the ecosystem they occupy. They work towards achieving a greater understanding of the complex relationships that elephants have with each other and their surroundings, including the people with whom they share their world. www.elephantsalive.org
- Eco-exist (Botswana). Ecoexist Trust is a Botswana registered NGO established in 2013. Their team has focused on understanding, documenting, and addressing the root causes of Human-Elephant Conflict (HEC) since 2008. Ecoexist’s long-term aim is to create an enabling environment for policies and on-the-ground activities to reduce HEC and foster coexistence between elephants and people. The Ecoexist Project focuses on five key objectives, all designed to address both the immediate conflicts between people and elephants and tackling the major underlying causes of the conflict..www.ecoexistproject.org
- Elephants and Bees (Kenya). The Elephants and Bees Project is an innovative study using an in-depth understanding of elephant behavior to reduce damage from crop-raiding elephants relying on their instinctive avoidance of African honey bees. The project explores the use of novel Beehive Fences as a natural elephant deterrent creating a social and economic boost to poverty-stricken rural communities through pollination services and the sustainable harvesting of “Elephant-Friendly Honey”. www.elephantsandbees.com
A small percentage of the funds raised will also be utilised by The Blue Sky Society Trust for future fundraising projects as well as administration costs.
The entire campaign will be audited by Financspec http://www.financespec.co.za
HOW TO GET INVOLVED? There are MANY Ways You Can Help:
Donate R10, Register your School or Company as a fundraiser OR raise money as an individual through a sporting event by becoming a Givengain Activist. Even if you're not in a position to contribute funds, please share this page and spread the word with your friends and ask them to do the same with theirs....SHOUT it from the rooftops.... let everyone know that you do not stand for animal abuse, and like us, you will no longer stand idly by as these horrific stories continue to mount. Together we CAN make a difference.
We won't stop until the people responsible for poaching are caught and educated, and we will continue to fight for the protection and advocacy of animals in Southern Africa.
The difference between Extinction and Survival is in our hands - HELP US MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Videos from work done - last year we raised money on my Elephant Ignite Expedition to collar a female cow called "Ignite"
K9 Units - we support Conservation Lower Zambezi, Conservation South Luangwa and Ol Pejeta and in South Africa