This year, CAST will be hosting its second girls’ camp. Building on the success of the first camp, we hope to help the girls gain an understanding of resilience. The purpose of the camp is to equip girls with practical skills to build their physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and intellectual or cognitive resilience in the face of adversity. The camp also offers the girls a safe space for authentic engagement that will allow them to have fun, be brave, and feel safe enough to be vulnerable.
Here’s what you need to know about the camp:
- When: 30 June - 02 July 2017
- Where: Camp Noah (Richmond)
- Who: 60 young girls (ages 13-18) selected from the CAST youth programmes run in local communities
- Cost: The girls will raise R200 individually & CAST will sponsor R350 for each girl
How you can get involved:
- Sponsor a girl to attend camp (R350 or $27)
- Donate materials: gift packets, A5 note books, bibles, pens.
- Donate food items: popcorn, Marie biscuits, marshmallows, hot chocolate, hot dog rolls, chicken viennas, margarine, tomato sauce, sweets, juice, salt & Aromat.
- Donate other items: board games, puzzles.
For more information contact Thandi Gova at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 072 037 0884
Let’s empower girls together in the name of Christ!
CAST is a registered non-profit: 085-077 NPO. Donations are deductible in term of Section 18A of the Income Tax Act.