Dancing to Hope/Hoping to Dance
Working with children and young people of Imizamo Yethu and Hangberg communities in Hout Bay to build hope, self-confidence, dignity, educational attainment and employment opportunity through the dance, music and performance.
- to provide a high quality, free, after-school programme of dance and music (Weekly sessions for 300 participants annually)
- to provide enabling services to children and young people through
- free meals for participants in after-school and other dance and music activities (2 meals per week for 300 participants annually)
- Support with educational expenses – school fees, uniforms, etc (Support for 30 high school students)
- Access to life skills coaching and courses (50 girls and young women a year)
- Support and mentoring to take up arts training, educational and employment opportunities (3 people a year)