21 years ago, in 1997 Border Collie Rescue (BCR) Gauteng grew out of the need to find adoptive homes for the ever-increasing number of unwanted Border Collies (BC). Since then the handful of BCR volunteers have worked tirelessly to re-home approximately 7500 unwanted Border Collies, approximate 300 a year. Volunteers strive to ensure that all Border Collies needing homes find permanent placement and that owners are capable of dealing with the challenges and demands of living with these immensely active and intelligent dogs. All our staff are volunteers and do not receive any remuneration. They volunteer their time for free to this noble cause.
BCR is also an invaluable service for many Border Collie owners who, through no fault of their own, can no longer care for their trusted friend. We have a pro-life policy, unless it is the last option and kindest thing to do. For the dogs currently in our care and to find out more about us, please visit our website Border Collie Rescue
BCR is a registered NPO and a SARS recognized Public Benefit Organisations, any donations made are tax decuctible. Donation certificates are issues on request.
• Raise awareness and educate the public about the specific needs of Border Collies. The BC dashing good looks and intelligence inspires many people to acquire a BC, unfortunately not realizing that a BC is a very active dog, after all they were bred to herd sheep. BC need stimulation and a job to do. Failing to do so, many dogs end up at Border Collie Rescue through no fault of their own.
• Find forever adoptive homes for the ever increasing numbers of unwanted \ improperly placed Border Collies. We truly believe in our saying “Saving the life of one dog wont change the world but it will change the world for that one dog”.
• Provide rehabilitation for abandoned and abused Border Collies.
• Provide foster homes for abandoned Border Collies. Any veterinary expenses incurred whilst in foster care will be covered by Border Collie Rescue as well as the dog’s food.
• Fundraising activities to cover the operating costs of BCR i.e. re-homing, support and promote our sterilization program, advertising, kenneling fees, transport, telephone and veterinary expenses.
• To strive to ensure that all Border Collies needing homes find permanent placement and that owners are capable of dealing with the challenges and demands of living with these intense and intelligent dogs.
• To provide counselling/referral services to Border Collie owners.
• To promote a better and wider understanding of the Border Collies breed and their specific needs, to the public.
Contact us on:
Julie - Adoptions on firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 082-887-9668 or
DV - General on email@example.com Cell: 082-772-8525