Program 1 highlights the process of transformation through diversity awareness (open minds), real dialogue encounters (open hearts) and more inclusion (open doors) within faith communities by
- Addressing ignorance, intolerance and homophobia through education and empowerment to implement our theory of change.
- Encouraging people of faith to participate and commit as change agents for inclusivity on a personal and structural level
Program 2 aims to transform and empower Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersexed People (LGBTI's) and Parents, Friends and Families of Gay People (PFF's) through
- Empowering LGBTI's to integrate their sexual orientation, gender identity and faith on a personal level.
- Creating safe spaces for real engagement and dialogue in private and public spheres.
- Discovering the dignity of differences and celebrates the gift of diversity in communities.
- Empowering LGBTI's and PFF's
Program 3: iThemba Lam shelter (safe-house) is a hands-on implementation of open minds, hearts and doors in a township setting - Gugulethu (Cape Town, South Africa).
- iThemba Lam is embraced as a positive resource.
- iThemba Lam shelter is a safe space for healing vulnerable and threatened LGBTI's, and for reconciliation with their families.
Program 4: Regional Partnerships Africa - IAM partners with African countries to enable them to implement a theory of change to create open minds, hearts and doors within their countries and communities:
- Currently IAM has parnerships with Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, Zambia and will continue to build partnerships in Africa through networking.