Through the SEED Strategy, to Strengthen, Encourage, Equip and Deploy local Churches to meet the needs of orphans and vulnerable children through sustainable community interventions.
Through partnership and networking with resourced Churches, the necessary assistance, guidance and training is provided in order to partner with local Churches to initiate sustainable community interventions.
Through these interventions the local Church will,
- strengthen community-based support systems;
- improve the social conditions, health, development and quality of life in these communities;
- support families and households coping with the care of orphans and vulnerable children;
- build capacity through training and skills-development;
- encourage these communities to develop sustainable capacity over the long term and thereby be capable of coping with the needs and care of orphans and vulnerable children.
Their aim is to work alongside a resourced Church, so that realistic responses can be developed within a limited period, but ideally a partnership should be developed between the resourced Church and a local Church in the area that the Strategy is targeting. In this way, true community-based sustainable programmes will be developed.