Uhambo USA currently has three important funding needs. Your contribution of $50 or even $25 can help us reach into more rural settings to save a child from a life of struggle, isolation and disenfranchisement. (Please note that the fundraising progress bar for Givengain is separate from other online campaigns we have including GlobalGiving.)
- The Ndingona "I Can" Stimulation Program improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children with disabilities. The full program delivers: 1. training to caregivers in speech, art and drama therapy, 2. the Ndinogona "I Can" Stimulation Kit to day care centers 3. support groups and 4. builds awareness in the community by working with critical community leaders.
- The program can serve up to 100 children of a community, their family and community members.
- The program is implemented over six months at an approximate cost of $5,000 depending on the number of families, trainings and focus groups required. The stimulation kit and training package influences the lives of more than 20 children on a daily basis at one day care center and can be provided on its own for $1,595.
- Training for caregivers in rural and underdeveloped communities. Nine communities have been identified at a cost of approximately $800 each
2. Implementing a replicable Wheelchair Center model for regions throughout Africa that trains and employs people with disabilities and provide services to people with disabilities. A proof of concept for Kenya and South Africa is in development. We are seeking funding partners for this project.
3. Starting up social enterprises that will employ people with disabilities including wheelchair services and repair, recycling of wheelchairs and upcycling waste material from the wheelchair manufacturing process. We are seeking funding partners for this project.
Uhambo is seeking Activists who are enthusiastic about our work to launch their own givengain Fundraising Page! Create a givengain Activist account to get started. Contact us if you need more assistance!
(This givengain profile is for US donors. If you are from South Africa and wish to donate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Uhambo is organized under the laws of the state of Colorado, United States and is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. EIN/tax ID number: 27-3621672. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.