HELP US TO UPGRADE FACILITIES AT INSTITUTIONS FOR ORPHANED AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN OF S.A.
VIEW OUR PROJECTS HERE - We are heading for our 50th projects to date and three of them where extreme, extreme...
Most childcare facilities in informal settlements have minimal funds. After food, utilities and minimal salaries, there is seldom anything left for maintenance. As a result, the facilities soon become dilapidated.
Newkidz - with the help of volunteers - co-ordinates extreme makeovers of
- Early Childhood Development Centers
- Children’s Homes
- Foster family accommodation
- Shelters for abused women and children.
Newkidz recruits volunteers from all walks of life to contribute to the makeover project by doing painting, gardening, maintenance etc. so that roughly six weeks’ worth of work is completed in just three or four days! It is very exciting, and the results are immediate.
Newkidz also facilitate team building projects for corporates. As an alternative to the normal team building activities such as paint balling, quad-biking or go-karting, we co-ordinate a half or full day project in the community to beautify a centre. A far more rewarding activity for all concerned.
Each project is scrutinized prior to makeover to ensure that good governance is in evidence, and that the facility has the children’s best interests at heart.
Once a project is completed, Newkidz stays in touch with the facility by
- networking on their behalf
- sharing donations received
- promoting training specific to their needs and holding the management accountable for the upkeep of the facility
Tel: +27 79 875 5745 (office hours)
Contact person: Hilda de Beer (Managing Director)
FOLLOW US ON:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/newkidzsa
- Twitter twitter.com/@newkidzprojects
- YouTube http://www.youtube.com/newkidzsa