What is World MS Awareness about?
More than 80 countries worldwide together celebrate World MS Day (WMSD) establishing a global MS movement creating awareness. By taking part, you are doing something positive to help raise awareness of MS. You are joining a global movement of people who want to make a real difference to the lives of people with MS. Whatever you do in your quest to support and help creating awareness, remember the most important thing is to have fun and smile. You can let us know how you get on by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many people living with MS eventually lose their jobs because of the disability through MS and it becomes financially impossible to survive and provide for themselves. The most basic of dignity and rights are lost - let alone medical expenses and hospital care. This project serves to build the means through which people with multiple sclerosis in South Africa can be assisted and supported by the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Please see your way to open your heart and hand - please donate generously. It is the right thing to do.
Our key messages
1. There is no known cause or cure for MS
2. MS symptoms usually start between the ages of 25 and 35 and can last a lifetime
3. MS symptoms vary from person to person and from time to time
Our members are in desperate need of facilitation and support to provide the necessary care. We thus herewith appeal for any assistance that you may be able to render and thank you sincerely in anticipation of your support. The work done and the support given to these people through fundraising like this are changing lives and bring hope to thousands.
The money raised are used to facilitate services among others: -
- Social services; occupational services; training workshops;
- deliver information and support through newsletters
- information and empowering workshops to persons with MS, their family members and carers
- establish communication and support channels
- provide information on assistive devices and aids
- create MS awareness
- stay on top of the latest information and channel through to our members
- maintain open channels on the international research front
- assist members with medical aid issues
- It is not always possible to express in a concrete way what exactly is needed. Multiple Sclerosis is such a debilitating disease ….. a shoulder, an ear, a hug, a visit, are incredibly valuable….
- gather building blocks towards our big goal of establishing a care centre where persons with MS may be assisted by a multi-disciplinary team of professionals (no such facility in the whole of South Africa!)
- All of the above need a well-oiled functioning office environment