Theme for International Day of Education on 24 January 2020
It is the Global Celebration of International Day of Education which has been proclaimed by the UN General Assembly to honour education. It emphasizes that inclusive, equitable and quality education, accelerates progress in our 17 Sustainable Development Goals. On this day, across the world, people will be engaging in discussions around the empowerment of people, preserving the planet and sharing prosperity and fostering peace.
Support our cause and be part of this world wide discussion and be the change you would like to see in the world, by donating to KMF.
Every day we have the privilege of watching our scholars thrive. Born into poverty, and with very little social support, these children had no hope of quality education or changing their circumstances... Now they do.
Each KMF scholar receives personal attention, we ensure that their school fees are paid, that they have safe and reliable transport to and from school, a healthy lunchbox snack, textbooks and the equipment they need to participate in sport and cultural activities.
On Saturdays we offer supportive tutoring and personal development workshops. It can be a little overwhelming to live in a very poor community and daily attend a top calibre high school, our programmes include vital psycho-social support to help these children to adapt and thrive.
How would you like to get involved:
- a stationery pack per child, per year costs ZAR1,500 (USD107 | GBP83)
- providing a sandwich for their lunchbox costs ZAR1,000 (USD71 | GBP56 ) per child, per year
- some children have to leave home before sunrise and catch 2 or 3 different buses to reach school, safe and reliable transport to school for a year costs up to ZAR14,000 (USD1,000 | GBP778)
- it costs R50 000 for one scholar to attend a quality high school for one year and this can be funded over 12 monthly contributions
- it takes a village to raise a child, join one of our "villages" of ten people giving R417 a month to support one child
- your R50, paid monthly, will make a difference.
Click on the Donate Now button (top right) to select an option that suits you best. We've added a mix of possible contributions in a variety of currencies (for our faraway friends), or select the option "Your own amount" and let us know in the comments section how you would like your donation allocated.
If you would like to sponsor the costs for a specific child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can provide you with detailed information about your chosen scholar.
Thank you for helping us to help them.