Circumstances hold them back - but we open doors
Every day we have the privilege of watching our scholars thrive. Born into poverty, and with very little social support, these children had no hope of quality education or changing their circumstances... Now they do.
Our donors, our partner schools, our dedicated tutors and our volunteers form a village of support for these young men and women. Each KMF scholar receives personal attention, we tailor-make our financial assistance to ensure that their school fees are paid, that they have safe and reliable transport to and from school, a healthy lunchbox snack, textbooks and the equipment they need to participate in sport and cultural activities.
Every Saturday our scholars come together at our offices for additional supportive tutoring and personal development workshops. We teach them valuable life-skills and expose them to mentoring and leadership training. We walk alongside them and help them to grow in self confidence.
It can be a little overwhelming to live in a very poor community and daily attend a top calibre high school, our programmes include vital psycho-social support to help these children to adapt and thrive.
Would you help us by contributing to one of our projects
- a stationery pack per child, per year costs ZAR1,500 (USD107 | GBP83)
- providing a sandwich for their lunchbox costs ZAR1,000 (USD71 | GBP56 ) per child, per year
- some children have to leave home before sunrise and catch 2 or 3 different buses to reach school, safe and reliable transport to school for a year costs up to ZAR14,000 (USD1,000 | GBP778)
- it costs R50 000 for one scholar to attend a quality high school for one year and this can be funded over 12 monthly contributions
- it takes a village to raise a child, join one of our "villages" of ten people giving R417 a month to support one child.
Click on the Donate Now button (top right) to select an option that suits you best. We've added a mix of possible contributions in a variety of currencies (for our faraway friends), or select the option "Your own amount" and let us know in the comments section how you would like your donation allocated.
If you would like to sponsor the costs for a specific child, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can provide you with detailed information about your chosen scholar.
Thank you for helping us to help them.