The Wildlife ACT Fund is a not for profit trust that focuses on the following key conservation elements in South Africa:
- Finding and funding the right equipment needed to effectively monitor endangered and threatened species.
- Delivering time and expertise to provide adequate management, capture, transport and reintroduction of these animals to new areas.
- Implementing anti-poaching measures and technology in the field.
- Helping rural communities who live alongside protected wildlife areas to develop a love and respect for nature, provide them with reasons to protect it, and advance economic empowerment.
Equipment Needed For Effective Endangered Species Conservation
- Vulture GPS Backpacks: R8 000 each
- Transmitters: R4 500 each
- Rhino GPS Collars: R15 000 each
- Standard VHF Anti-snare Collar: R5000
- GPS Satellite Collar: R50 000 each
- SAT Collar data download: R1 300 per month
- Vet cost: R8 000 per day
- Chopper cost: R7 700 per hour
- Telemetry Set: R13 000 per set + R300 per cable + R2 000 per antenna
Help us build a future where all people live in harmony with nature.