African Wild Dogs need your help!
There are an estimated 550 African Wild Dogs (also known as African Painted Wolves) left in South Africa, and a meager 3500 in the whole of Africa.
Wildlife ACT needs your help:
- We have helped to develop anti-snare tracking collars. These collars not only help monitors find individual animals on a daily basis, but also gives a dog trapped in a snare put out by poachers a fighting chance of survival.
- These specially reinforced and riveted collars can prevent the animal from choking to death, and also send out an emergency signal once a dog is stationary for an unnatural amount of time, giving monitors and rangers time to respond to an emergency. This means that a collar can literally save an animal's life!
Help us collar every African Painted Dog Pack in South Africa
The breakdown below covers 2 years of support for one wild dog pack. Costs such as daily monitoring & research, field work and other administrative costs are covered by Wildlife ACT. Every contribution helps to save these beautiful animals.
- VHF Anti-snare Collars = R10 000 (2 per pack)
- GSM Collar = R20 000 (1 per pack)
- GPS Satellite Collar = R50 000 (1 per pack)
- Emergency Response Support = R50 000
If you or your company would like to sponsor a Wild Dog pack, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org