CANSA ensures that the scientific findings and knowledge gained from our research, realign our advocacy focus (watchdog role), to strengthen our health, and care & support programmes, to the greater benefit of South Africans.
The most cost effective long-term strategy for cancer control, is to help reduce the cancer risk through education and early detection.
About CANSA Research:
CANSA focuses on increasing public awareness efforts regarding an improved lifestyle - aspects related to a healthy diet, minimising exposure to environmental carcinogens (cancer-causing substances) and maintaining regular physical activity. CANSA also provides affordable cancer screening.
CANSA spends approximately R12 million annually in total on research - the scientific findings and knowledge gained from our research are used to:
- Add to global knowledge on cancer
- Realign our health programmes
- Vitalise our role in education and legislation to lower the cancer risk
- Determine our advocacy role
- Strengthen our watchdog role
- Identify which products qualify for our Seal of Recognition to enable the public to make informed choices, thereby reducing their cancer risk.
How Your Donation Fights Cancer:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our toll free call centre on 0800 22 66 22.