The Bee Effect Trees for Honey Bees Pledge Fund is all about feeding honey bees within Greenpop’s Forests for Life reforestation projects. All funds raised through this pledge only fund trees that are sources of nectar and/or pollen for honey bees in the various projects supported.
The goal is to plant 36,000 Trees for Bees by 2025, for a total of R4.5 million.
We have raised R457 826,00 and planted 3814 trees for honey bees - with donations received from businesses and individuals. The buzz is on!
Why Trees for Honey Bees?
- Increased forage for bees - Lack of diverse forage is one of the 4 main threats to honey bee sustainability.
- Restoration of degraded forest ecosystems - In addition to providing forage for bees, Greenpop's Forests for Life programme aims to restore degraded forest ecosystems in the Western Cape.
- Increased ecosystem services - Forests for Life also contributes to increased biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- Supports fire prevention - Forests for Life also funds alien clearing and firebreak maintenance to reduce the risk of future forest fires.
- Support the local community - Forests for Life supports local tree growers and community nurseries.
For every R150 donated, Greenpop is able to plant a tree in one of their forest restoration projects in the Western Cape. This cost includes the planting, maintenance and monitoring of the tree.
Tax donation receipt - Corporate and individual donors can request a Section 18 A tax donation receipt for their contribution here.
For more information about The Bee Effect and the Trees for Honey Bees program: www.bee-effect.co.za
Interested in getting your company involved? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.