Safari Doctors was founded on the belief that access to healthcare is a right, not a privilege. We are a community-based social enterprise, working to advance healthcare in Lamu, Kenya. Since 2015, our mission has been to provide innovative, community-driven healthcare solutions that promote well-being for marginalized communities. The indigenous communities we serve, live within the archipelago and on the mainland near the border with Somalia. Insecurity, neglect and remoteness impede their access to health services.
Our team conducts monthly mobile clinics by boat and road to provide health services to the last mile. Together with outpatient services offered at the Safari Doctors Medical Centre, we reach up to 2,000 patients every month.
Safari Doctors believes that Kenya's efforts to attain Universal Health Coverage by 2030 must include a mobile model of health service delivery and the engagement of young people. Our Youth Health Ambassadors programme trains young men and women to become Community Health Workers (CHWs) and agents of positive change in their communities.
As part of our One Health approach, the Safari Vets programme cares for hundreds of animals. During our outreach, we provide free veterinary services and community education on animal welfare and zoonoses.
Watch this latest report about our work by TRT World.
#JoinTheJourney and make a difference: https://linktr.ee/safaridoctor...
FUNDRAISE FOR SAFARI DOCTORS
1. Visit our profile on GivenGain.
2. Click ‘Start Fundraising’. Select your fundraising project.
3. Sign-up and create your fundraiser account.
4. Set-up your activist project. (And be sure to tell everyone why you are raising funds!)
5. Set your fundraising target and your deadline.
6. Add pictures and other details to make your project stand out!
7. Share and promote your activist project URL with everyone you know!