On behalf of the Multiple Sclerosis Society I take this opportunity to thank you for your generous contribution toward our efforts to support the work of MSSA amongst MS people. By acknowledging our disease with your contribution you have assisted in making a difference to the lives of those living daily with Multiple Sclerosis.
I can assure you that all donations and sponsorship received are greatly appreciated and much needed in our fight to do the following:
- To facilitate services i.e. social services and occupational therapy
- To conduct training workshops for carers of persons with MS
- To deliver information and support through regular newsletters
- To conduct workshops to inform and empower persons with MS, their family members and carers
- To establish communication and support channels where members stay far from city centres
- To create MS awareness
- To gather building blocks towards our big goal of establishing a care centre where persons with MS may be assisted by a multi-disciplinary team of professionals (no such facility in the whole of South Africa!)
- To provide information on assistive devices and equipment needed to support persons with MS
- All of the above need a well-oiled functioning office environment
- To maintain open channels with international research projects
- To stay on top of the latest information and channel through to our members
- To assist members with medical aid issues
- It is not always possible to express in a concrete way how funds are utilised or exactly needed. Multiple Sclerosis is such a debilitating disease ….. Lots of times a shoulder, an ear, a hug, a visit, etc are incredibly valuable….
Once again thank you from all of us with Multiple Sclerosis as well as those caring and attending to our needs.