Brief Background of Lunchbox Theatre
We are a 3 tiered organisation with our focus on 3 specific programmes:
1. We take educational theatre shows to local primary school to raise awareness of environmental issues such as domestic animal welfare, marine conservation, water conservation, tree planting etc www.lunchbox.org.za
2. We conduct after school workshops in dance and drama at local schools to aid in creating an integrated educational experience for the learners at these schools.
3. Our Tshisa Talent program discovers local performing artists from underprivileged communities, runs skills development workshops for these artists and promotes them for job creation opportunities through our website www.tshisatalent.co.za.
A more socially and environmentally conscious society in which people fulfill their creative potential and live in greater harmony with each other and the natural environment.
Instill positive change of attitudes and behavior towards the environment, society and self through interactive educational and developmental theatre experiences.
- Raise awareness, interest and develop knowledge of environmental and social issues through interactive theatrical experiences
- Promote the use of drama as a highly effective educational and developmental tool
- Identify, nurture and promote talent and provide emerging artists with opportunities to grow both personally and professionally
- Increase support and appreciation for the performing arts and in particular, Lunchbox Theatre, as a valuable community asset
- Continue to develop Lunchbox Theatre into a well renowned professional developmental theatre organisation