Love to Give’s work revolves around trying to break the poverty cycle in Kayamandi, Stellenbosch, South Africa, and ensuring that all the children of impoverished families have the best opportunity to make the most of their education and thus ensure a better future for themselves. During the Covid-19 crisis, all of our focus is now on addressing the most important issue of food insecurity and hunger amongst Kayamandi residents. Our centre has been classified an essential service and our regular programmes have been put on hold.
- Caring for children – we feed 2000 children daily
- Caring for families – Our Enterprise Development programme is a food parcel intervention which includes food gardening, craft, skills training, micro business course and loans, and mentorship for start-up businesses
- Caring for young adults – we assist unemployed youth providing a vocation hub, computer literacy training and counselling
- Caring for teens – our workshops assist teens to make informed choices regarding pregnancy and sexual health.
- Caring for pre-school children - our Booksharing programme is for children who cannot afford creche. Caregivers are trained to share books with children who otherwise would not have access to books until they start school.
Sponsorship is about real people helping real people, and gives you a chance to assist people who cannot help themselves unless you give them the opportunity to do so. Love to Give operates entirely on donations and cannot survive without them.
Research has shown that the more equal a society is the higher its happiness co-efficient is for all sectors of the community.
Help us to make Stellenbosch a more equal society and a better place for all of us.