Empilweni: Place of Healing is a community-based Mental Health Project situated in Khayelitsha, near Cape Town (South Africa). The organisation specialises in dealing with counselling programmes (depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder) for children aged 4 to 18, although we deal extensively with young adults as well. Studies have shown that children with mental/emotional health problems, if left untreated by a mental health professional, will likely grow up and repeat these same behaviours with their children.
In 2017, Empilweni stands at the forefront as an advocate for child and adolescent mental health problems in Khayelitsha and it's surrounding areas as Empilweni is also currently the only service of its kind to provide clinically supervised counselling in isiXhosa. Empilweni's intervention is also unique in the sense that staff received internal and external supervision by a clinical psychologist.
How can you get involved?
- Support our cause by raising mental health awareness or becoming an activist for Empilweni.
- Raise funds for our cause - every donation - large or small - is vital to help us achieve our target!
- Volunteer with us - offer us your skills and time
- Engage with us on social media
- Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Empilweni/216436201722999)
- Visit our website at www.empilweni.org
- Email us via email@example.com - we would love to hear from you!