The Cape Kidney Association is a Grassroots Non-Profit Organisation that raises funds to assist Indigent Kidney patients suffering with chronic kidney disease at the various Provincial Hospitals in and around the Greater Western Cape.
The projects that we embark on are as follows:
- Monthly food parcels for patients
- Annual bursary fund for patients
- Transport/travel cost to assist them to get to the hospital for their dialysis
- Start-up costs for small business due to unemployment
- Accommodation as many patients have to survive on disability grants
- Wellness Days to create awareness about "caring for your kidneys"
All of the above is funded by the Cape Kidney Association through various fundraising events carried out by our Executive Fund Manager and assisted by an office administrator.