The Anna Foundation runs after-schools for children living on farms and in rural areas of the Western Cape. Our “3 R‘s Programme: Reading, Running and Right-ing” - education, sports and life skills programmes - is implemented in the afternoons. This is a professionally designed programme aimed at rural children from Grade R – 12. The Anna Foundation also trains women and men from the farming communities to implement the daily running of the 3 R’s programme. This training includes monthly workshops as well as weekly on-site assistance from Anna Foundation project managers. In the process these men and women are empowered, providing sustainable support for the children within their own community.
The Anna Foundation's goal is to empower rural children with life skills and core values, building self-worth and self-responsibility. Our aim is that each child will develop a positive vision for his or her own future, while also ensuring they make a positive future contribution to South Africa as a whole.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Run, ride or swim (or whatever you're good at!), create your own fundraising a profile on GivenGain to help raise funds towards our 3 R's Programme... Cape Argus Momentum Cycle Tour, the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon, the Gun Run, Absa Cape Epic, Midmar Mile, Two Oceans Marathon... there are so many events happening all year round!
NEED SOME FUNDRAISING IDEAS? Not too keen on, or good at sports? There are many other things you can do to help raise funds (and awareness):
- Instead of receiving Birthday gifts, why not ask your friends to sponsor you and support your fundraising campaign?
- Choose the Dare – Get your friends, family and colleagues to pay R20 a vote to decide which form of “dare” you should undertake on a certain day (eg. dye your hair; wear all your clothes inside out for a day; men, wear high heals to work for a day - something fun but tasteful!).
- Run your own car wash at a major traffic intersection. The more money you raise, the more cars you have to wash in order to raise "bail"
- Go hairless – Commit to shaving your head if a specified amount is raised by a deadline.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Your fundraising is our fundraising and we will help you wherever we can.
- We're happy to help you if you're not sure how to go about setting up a fundraising page. Just email carolyn[at]annafoundation[dot]com and she'll guide you through it.
- Needing a Quick-dry running shirt,cycling kit or just a peak cap to wear in support of the Anna Foundation? We've got some pretty funky attire for you to wear! Check out our clothing here and contact for orders: carolyn[at]annafoundation[dot]com
- Need some help in getting the word out about your fundraising goals? We'll gladly include an insert in our monthly newsletter and support you through social media.
For more information go to www.annafoundation.com