" HAVE GREAT HOPES AND DARE TO GO ALL OUT FOR THEM. HAVE GREAT DREAMS AND DARE TO LIVE THEM. HAVE TREMENDOUS EXPECTATIONS AND BELIEVE THEM " - Norman Vincent Peale
YES, WE CAN............and our task is to show YOU and the world that BEING INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED IS NOT A HANDICAP BUT A CHALLENGE!
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE CAN CREATE A PLEASANT WORK- AND LIVING SPACE WHERE INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED ADULTS CAN BE ALLOWED TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY!
HOW CAN WE DO THAT?
FREE STATE RESIDENTIAL CARE CENTRE / VRYSTAAT NASORGSENTRUM delivers 2 services to mentally challenged adults:
- RESIDENTIAL CARE to 156 mentally challenged adults and for many it is their only home. This service also include the implimentation of basic health care by our Clinic as well as transport to other medical services. The residents can not function in the open labour market and are dependent on other.
- 5 PROTECTIVE WORKSHOPS: Bakery, toys / woodwork, textile, pottery and sikscreen printing. More than 190 intellectually challenged residents and dayworkers are occupied in one of these workshops. Work is therapy and being trained in a protective environment enables them to deliver products of good quality . These products are sold to the public and an important income generator.
- The Centre is only partly subsidised by the department of Social Development and is therefore very dependent on donations and other forms of support ( eg donating raw materials used in one of the workshops ) .
- The Centre also provides daily transport to dayworkers to enable them to attend the workshops.
- The Centre delivers a respected and vital service to the community.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION :
* THE CENTRE WAS ONE OF THE NOMINEES FOR THE 2010 "BLOEMFONTEIN INSTANCE OF THE YEAR" COMPETITION
* THE CENTRE IS ONE OF 10 ORGANISATIONS CHOOSEN BY VODACOM TO PARTICIPATE IN VODACOM'S "CHANGE THE WORLD " VENTURE FOR 2012
* The Centre is Art. 18 A registered
* NPO registration number 002-795 NPO
* PBO registration number 18/11/13/4619
* Referees : - Mr Paul Prins ; deputy director, Office of the Premier, Disability desk, Free State Province . 051 4033597, 0829260301
- Mr E Barnard; Manager : Older People and Disabled , department of Social Development, Free State Province 0514090689, 0834415951
12 March - Project by Free State Residential Care Centre / Vrystaat Nasorgsentrum
Nobody wants to work in a noisy environment and in extreme temperatures. Everybody wants to work in a comfortable environment. In accordance to the above, the VISION of Free State Residential Care Centre is...
17 January - Project by Free State Residential Care Centre / Vrystaat Nasorgsentrum
The Centre had from time to time problems with crime, the most serious of which was the theft of a vehicle ( mini taxi ). Although we took measures to prevent a repetition of this, this and the changing of...
11 February 2011 - Project by Free State Residential Care Centre / Vrystaat Nasorgsentrum
WORK IS THERAPY. At Free State Residential Care Centre we give true meaning to this: There are 5 protected workshops in production ( bakery, toys/woodwork, textile, pottery and printing ), employing 5...
19 March 2009 - Project by Free State Residential Care Centre / Vrystaat Nasorgsentrum
" HAVE GREAT HOPES AND DARE TO GO ALL OUT FOR THEM. HAVE GREAT DREAMS AND DARE TO LIVE THEM. HAVE TREMENDOUS EXPECTATIONS AND BELIEVE IN THEM" - Norman Vincent Peale Although the ability to work...