" HAVE GREAT HOPES AND DARE TO GO ALL OUT FOR THEM. HAVE GREAT DREAMS AND DARE TO LIVE THEM. HAVE TREMENDOUS EXPECTATIONS AND BELIEVE THEM " - Norman Vincent Peale
YES, WE CAN............and our task is to show YOU and the WORLD that being intellectually challenged IS NOT A HANDICAP BUT A CHALLENGE!
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE CAN CREATE A PLEASANT WORK- AND LIVING SPACE WHERE INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED ADULTS CAN MAKE A MEANINGFUL CONTRIBUTION TO SOCIETY!
HOW CAN WE DO THAT?
FREE STATE RESIDENTIAL CARE CENTRE / VRYSTAAT NASORGSENTRUM delivers 2 services to mentally challenged adults:
- RESIDENTIAL CARE to 156 mentally challenged adults and for many it is their only home. This service also include the implementation of basic health care by our Clinic as well as transport to other medical services. The residents can not function in the open labor market and are dependent on other.
- 5 PROTECTIVE WORKSHOPS: Bakery, toys / woodwork, textile, pottery and silkscreen printing. More than 190 intellectually challenged residents and day workers are occupied in one of these workshops. Work is therapy and being trained in a protective environment enables them to deliver products of good quality . These products are sold to the public and an important income generator.
- The Centre is only partly subsidized by the department of Social Development and is therefore very dependent on donations and other forms of support ( eg. donating raw materials used in one of the workshops ) .
- The Centre also provides daily transport to dayworkers to enable them to attend the workshops.
- The Centre delivers a respected and vital service to the community.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION :
* THE CENTRE WAS ONE OF THE NOMINEES FOR THE 2010 "BLOEMFONTEIN INSTANCE OF THE YEAR" COMPETITION
* THE CENTRE IS ONE OF 10 ORGANIZATIONS CHOSEN BY VODACOM TO PARTICIPATE IN VODACOM'S "CHANGE THE WORLD " VENTURE FOR 2012
* The Centre is Art. 18 A registered
* NPO registration number 002-795 NPO
* PBO registration number 18/11/13/4619
* Referees : - Mr Paul Prins ; deputy director, Office of the Premier, Disability desk, Free State Province . 051 4033597, 0829260301
- Mr E Barnard; Manager : Older People and Disabled , department of Social Development, Free State Province 0514090689, 0834415951